:: Re: [DNG] Studying C as told. (For …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Studying C as told. (For help)
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:08:55 +0200
Irrwahn <irrwahn@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:35:22 +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:

> > I suspect we've all conversed with people who have approximately
> > zero knowledge or interest in how "the greasy bits" of the machine
> > ends up running their code. My first computer came with just 1k of
> > RAM, and sockets for just 8k total. It's surprising what you can do
> > with that !
>
> Absolutely! I might be a bit spoiled, though, as the first
> machine I could call my own came with a whoppin' 64K, part of which
> was actually available for user programs,

My first computer was a Heathkit ET6800 Microprocessor Trainer, using
an 8 bit Motorola 6800 (note only two zeros) processor and 256 bytes of
RAM, with about 40 bytes reserved for the operating system:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/200610/200610.htm#_Computers_Ive_Known_and_Loved

Input and programming via hexidecimal, output via six 7 segment LEDs. I
soldered an amplifier onto one of the LED segments, programmed the
computer to turn that segment on and off at programmed frequencies, and
created a "computer guitar". This experience led me to become a
programmer.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb