:: [DNG] Debian Multimedia leftovers
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: [DNG]
Subject: [DNG] Debian Multimedia leftovers

Hallo list!

Just an info for those of you with longer running Devuan (alpha)
installations: I recently noticed that there are some Debian Multimedia
(DMO) leftovers on my system, from the time when it had been merged
into the Devuan repository.

As DMO is no longer merged, those packages won't receive updates
anymore, so it makes sense to remove or downgrade them, or manually add
the repo to the sources.list (see http://www.deb-multimedia.org).

If you use Synaptic for package management, you can find those packages
under the "local" repository.

Assuming that all DMO packages end on "-dmo*", you can also find
installed packages with one of the following commands:

$ dpkg-query -l '*' | grep \\\-dmo | grep ^ii
or
$ aptitude search -F '%p %v#' ~i | grep \\\-dmo

Latest aptitude versions also support the "origin" (%O) escape:

$ aptitude search -F '%p %O' ~i | grep \\\-dmo

Note that Jessie's aptitude doesn't support this escape yet and returns
empty, see dbts #813319.

libre Grüße,

Florian