:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 13:54:29 +0000
Stephanie Daugherty <sdaugherty@???> wrote:

> When recovering from systermd-related breakage while first trying out
> Debian jesse, I ended up booting with init=/bin/bash a lot.
>
> You can rather easily bring up a fully functional system that way, at
> least for long enough to fire up a browser, find the problem, and
> then recover.

Sometimes, sometimes not. I think it was Centos where I found the
initramfs sabotaged the user of init=/usr/bin/bash (Centos was the new
symlinked thang, and you can't use the symlink name that early in the
boot).

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb