:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Stephanie Daugherty
À: Edward Bartolo, Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
When recovering from systermd-related breakage while first trying out
Debian jesse, I ended up booting with init=/bin/bash a lot.

You can rather easily bring up a fully functional system that way, at least
for long enough to fire up a browser, find the problem, and then recover.

My process for doing so was fairly simple.
- boot into bash
- remount / rw
- mount the rest of the filesystems
- start up udev (this was early in unstable or testing I think when it
wasn't merged with systemd yet)
- start up screen
- bring up network interfaces
- start up "important" system services (cron, syslog, and friends)
- fire up a display manager (not strictly required, but easy enough to do,
so why not)

I'd suggest that this is a really good way to understand what's actually
necessary to bring up the system, without writing a bit of cod, and
reproducing the steps by hand provides the level of understanding that a
sysadmin needs to have of init IMHO.