:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Libbitcoin v2 Debi…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: Police Terror
CC: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] Libbitcoin v2 Debian packages available for testing
The readme updates refer to the packages as if they are master (e.g. there is no dynamic testnet in v2). As far as I know the packages are version2 only.

Just as with the single file build link, I would prefer that package install instructions were referenced from the repo, not contained within it. This information is available on the unsystem site, which has control over the package sources.

The current packages are experimental and meant as a preliminary step towards generated and CI tested packages in v3 or later.

The unstable (master) branches change too quickly for packaging, especially without automation. Master is primarily for libbitcoin developers and secondarily for experimenters. The primary means of install should be install.sh. This is always current and is tested on every CI build, and it's at least as easy as using packages. Published packages should really be reserved for release branches.