:: Re: [DNG] still zram
Author: emninger
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] still zram
Am Sat, 18 Jun 2016 03:53:23 +0000
schrieb <emninger@???>:

> The result is the same with the 3.16 kernel (which is my old kernel)
> and with the 4.6 kernel. How that? Und what can i do to enable that
> module?

Answering to myself: Seems that the kernel modules are disabled. I
installed a liquorix kernel (which i know it has the zram enabled) and
now the result of the above command looks like this:

zgrep ZRAM /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_ZRAM=m
CONFIG_ZRAM_LZ4_COMPRESS=y

Which is what i'd have expected.

What i do *NOT* understand is, why on another laptop running devuan as
well, the zram module is there?

Is the zram module something which can be installed or should the
kernel be compiled to be able to use it? In the first case, i could
immagine that different installation routes bring to different results.
Then the question would be: How i can enable ex-post the zram modules.

If it is compiled, then it's really a mystery since the installer
installs a compiled kernel ... (?)