:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
Le 17/06/2016 21:44, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> Why would you even need a separate process to spawn the shell? /bin/bash is
> a perfectly capable init that can reap zombies, start processes, do any
> interactive tasks, or be automated (.bashrc, trap EXIT, etc).

     Did you try it? The documentation of Bash is not clear. I think it
says that a bash script can only wait the processes it has launched.
Does it mean it maintains a list of them, or is it just the consequence
of the fact that any process but pid1 cannot adopt others' children? In
the last case, why the need to repeat it.

     Obviously the author of the documentation didn't envision the case
of bash running as pid1 :-)

     Didier