:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 04:55:40PM +0200, Irrwahn wrote:

> It's this arrogant attitude of "alright, got it, easy enough,
> now I'm gonna improve on it" without bothering to actually
> get to the bottom of even the basic concepts behind it, that
> brought us systemd and other crap. If you keep this up you are
> condemned to reinvent SysV-init (or OpenRC, or whatever), poorly.

You choose to see my courage to face a new challenge as 'arrogance'.
Without having some courage no one can do anything especially when a
demanding task is involved. This attitude seems to be fueled by a deep
desire to break my motivation in this project that is called Devuan.
It sounds to me, you are angered that I form part of the project, and
that my approach to solving new challenges has some similarity as to
how Poettering works. But that is generational... don't you see that?

Why are you humiliating me as if every coder on the planet is perfect
besides myself? Sorry, but you sound like a troll whose intention is
to dissuade me from coding although it has been a passion for more
than half my life. I didn't as child enjoy the luxury of being given a
computer to practice coding and learnt coding on my own when I was
already 26 years old. Nor did I have the resources to attend a
university course so that I could boast that I was formally qualified.

This is cruelty :(

Edward