:: Re: [DNG] Devuan migrate and instal…
Góra strony
Autor: richard lucassen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Devuan migrate and install
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:12:07 -0400
aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

[snip]

> 6) Clean the content generated by the failed attempt and try again:
>
> apt-get autoremove
> make build_cdrom_isolinux
>
> The initrd.gz and the vmlinuz will be generated in the dest folder :)

Ok, but will that initrd/vmlinuz ask for a cd or will it ask for a URL
where the installer packages can be found? Or is the trick done by the
--method=http?

Anyway, Debian has such an option and I think it would be very valuable
if such an initrd.gz/vmlinuz would be available from the Devuan
mirrors. This will make Devuan being available through many PXE boot
servers accross the planet.

That said, I think it should be part of the Devuan distribution. Each
time a new version sees the light, the appropiate vmliz/initrd.gz pairs
should be generated for each available cpu.

Try it yourself and see how it works when you start one of these kernels:

amd64:

wget -N http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz

wget -N http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/linux

i386:

wget -N http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/i386/initrd.gz

wget -N http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/i386/linux

No need for cd's, no need for USB sticks, just a network connection.

R.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/