:: Re: [DNG] Finding package 'firmware…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Finding package 'firmware-b43-installer'
On 06/16/2016 11:08 PM, Irrwahn wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:51:24 +0300, Lars Noodén wrote:
>> I'd like to find how to get the packages firmware-b43-installer and
>> b43-fwcutter in devuan beta.
>>
>> I've searched for info in the mailing lists and I've looked at the main
>> Devuan site and the FAQ. But neither turned up relevant info[1]. The
>> packages should be available in Debian jessie in the contrib repository
>
> And they are.
>

>> As a guess, I've tried adding the repositories like this:
>>
>> deb http://fi.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-security main contrib
>
> No need to add the security repo AFAIK. This line should be suffice:
> deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie main contrib

That may have been it. I have the packages now, but strangely it seemed
that apt-get update had no initial effects, they were not visible with
apt-cache. Using auto.mirror.devuan.org got them and now even after
moving back to fi.mirror.devuan.org they are seen with apt-cache. Thanks.

[snip]
> See also:
> https://talk.devuan.org/t/amprolla-package-repository-layering-proxy/298

Thanks again,