:: [unSYSTEM] The day the Hacker Commu…
Author: Caleb James DeLisle
To: System undo crew, uncivilization
Subject: [unSYSTEM] The day the Hacker Community Died
At the beginning of June 2016, news broke that a prominent member of the Hacker/Journalist/Leak
Community had become the target of multiple serious allegations of sexual misconduct. I was aware
of certain aspects of this person and after reading the accounts, certain things *clicked* for me
which I had not seen or could not perceive before. If this person had acted alone, lead a
double-life and secretly done terrible things, I might never have cared to collect this information.
The most painful realization was that these things could never have been done alone, at every step
of the way the Community *had* to have protected him, covered up the stories and shushed the
victims. This event lead me to the tragic realization that the Open, Tolerant and Progressive Hacker
Community of which I believed myself a member - was no more than a figment of my imagination.
It is fair to say that in my heart I believe the victims, but I have chosen to maintain this
repository with the highest level of impartiality that I can, so I might sleep at night even if I am
proven to be wrong.

https://github.com/cjdelisle/JakeGate