:: Re: [DNG] Devuan migrate and instal…
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan migrate and install
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 21:27:00 +0200
richard lucassen <mailinglists@???> wrote:

> 1) IIRC there used to be a "sources.list" somewhere to migrate from
> Debian Jessie to Devuan Jessie. Does someone have a URL?

I had thought that it's part of the devuan-baseconf package, but
apparently it's not. So here my sources.list:

--snip--
deb http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb-src http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie main contrib non-free

deb http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-updates main contrib
non-free deb-src http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-backports main contrib
non-free deb-src http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-backports main contrib non-free

deb http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-security main contrib
non-free deb-src http://de.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-security main contrib non-free
--snap--

You might want to choose another mirror, or the redirector:
auto.mirror.devuan.org

Depending on your configuration and personal preferences, some ideas
for your /etc/apt/preferences - AFAIK, if you have only devuan/merged
repos in your sources.list, you don't need to assign the "-1" pin to
systemd-sysv:

Package: libsystemd0
Pin: release o=*
Pin-Priority: -1

Package: systemd
Pin: release o=*
Pin-Priority: -1

Package: systemd-sysv
Pin: release o=*
Pin-Priority: -1

Package: *
Pin: release a=jessie-backports
Pin-Priority: 150

> 2) I run a PXE server. For Debian I can download an "initrd.gz" and a
> "vmlinuz" to start a net install. Each version has its own
> vmlinuz/initrd.gz. The repository I use is an apt-cacher-ng proxy,
> this works like a charm. Has this been realized for Devuan yet? And
> if yes, does someone have a URL pointing to these two files?

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can use initrd and vmliuz straight
from the netboot iso:

$ mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/to/iso /mountpoint

Please correct me if I'm wrong^^

libre Grüße,

Florian