:: Re: [DNG] Custom OS initiator. In n…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Custom OS initiator. In need of some hints...
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 09:37:11PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> Right now, Felker's PID1 is the acknowledged "Hello World" PID1. But as
> I remember you have to add an #include to get it to work with
> mainstream Linuxes, you have to get it to compile, and it's just not as
> understandable to non-C programmers.
>
> Hackers who might not know C are more able to put their own commands
> into the shellscript and see the result.

With all the due respect, anyone can put a few lines in a shell script
or in a C code to create two devices and call rc. But we should be
honest and tell Bartolo, and anybody else willing to go down this
path, that this is not exactly "making a custom init", though, since
what is normally intended as "init" needs to be a tad more complicated
than that, if the intention is to make it useful outside a sandbox.

My2Cents

KatolaZ