:: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Simon Walter
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
On 06/10/2016 10:39 PM, Greg Olsen wrote:
> On 2016-06-10 08:59, Simon Walter wrote:
>     [snip]
>  > > I will give the templates a go now.

>> I had some issues:
>> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>> perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>>         LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
>>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>>         LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>>     are supported and installed on your system.
>> perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

>> Over ten times repeated, but more importantly:
>
> Simon, thanks for testing.
>
> I think the locale just isn't setup yet at that early point.
> Perhaps a Perl expert can opine?

Maybe we can diff that?

> This might be a bit surprising but I actually wrote lxc-devuan with
> *non-Devuan* OS's in mind. To not discourage people from running Devuan,
> it automatically downloads and uses the Devuan keyring. Without that
> capability it won't get past square one on a non-Devuan OS, and the user
> is likely to mumble some not so nice things about Devuan. Something to
> be avoided if at all possible.

It seems to be fine with the 'auto' sub domain maybe because the keys
are registered for that domain name. Are you saying that those keys are
pre-installed on the image? If that's the case, I think we should make
two versions, that are based on the same source - an include or
something. One to be used on Devuan, one to be used by other distros
that want to run Devuan containers.

> I also added a feature or two that other OS templates don't have, such
> as the ability to pre-assign the MAC address. I have absolutely no idea
> if that's of interest to anyone but me. But if it is, that's yet one
> more reason for people to choose Devuan over something else.

Yes, I really like that. It is very useful.

> Of course, the paths won't end up correct on all distros until a version
> of it makes it upstream, and then back down again, and that could take
> quite some time. Therefore a script can/should be written to help
> install it.

wget or maybe curl? What's on a base install?

> In the meantime, anyone with a mind to "clone" and use the template as
> is (without a proper package or script to install it) will have to
> adjust paths as needed to match their system.
>
> On the other hand there's nothing written anywhere that says we have to
> use the lxc-devuan that I wrote. Not that I want to give up on it, but
> If yours is already working correctly on Devuan Beta, we can always put
> it in a different branch and use that. We'll just have to see how
> things plays out.

I've made an account on git.devuan.org (user: smwltr) How do you want to
do this? Shall I fork your repo and apply a patch and then send you a
pull request? After a look maybe the solution will present itself. I
guess the .conf files too.

Let see how it goes.

Cheers,

Simon