:: Re: [DNG] package request
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Irrwahn
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] package request
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:31:12 +0000 (UTC), Go Linux wrote:
> I wouldn't mind seeing palemoon in the devuan repos because
> I suspect that eventually FF will become unusable (for me at
> least).

I switched to Palemoon a few weeks ago. After 10+ years FF
had de facto become unusable for me, after I lost the last
battle against the brain dead design decisions made by its
developers. What a relief being again able to access the web
using a browser that simply works just like FF should work
(and did, in the past)! No more (noticeable) memory leakage
in the program itself, no more mind-boggling massive Xorg
resource leakage, quick to start up, responsive to user
actions. A browser as it should be — i.e. not getting in the
way of the user.

> Steve Pusser packaged palemoon for antiX quite a while ago
> so maybe we could get it from there?

Steven Pusser still maintains up to date debian (and ubuntu)
packages, see:
https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Astevenpusser&package=palemoon

Regards
Urban