:: Re: [DNG] package request
Author: Noel Torres
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] package request

Jaromil <jaromil@???> escribió:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, emninger@??? wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to package palemoon for devuan?
>
> Are there a reasons for that?
>
> I use palemoon myself on Devuan. Just downloaded their bundle and
> opened in /opt/palemoon, set the bin in PATH and ready for use. It
> also notices me for upstream updates.
>
> I'm open to debate, but personally incline (for this and other
> packages) to concentrate on the maintanance of a *core*, *base* Devuan
> system and leave to individuals and downstream maintain a bigger set
> of packages for specific uses.

As a side note, it would be better to package it for Debian, to let it
reach a wider audience. Then, we can get it from Debian ;)

In fact, most packages that are not systemd-related nor
systemd-entangled should not be packaged only for Devuan. We need to
keep the delta at a minimum.

Regards

Noel
er Envite