:: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
On 06/10/2016 05:35 PM, Simon Walter wrote:
> On 06/10/2016 05:11 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 12:41:36PM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am wondering if it is a good idea to submit a modified version of the
>>> debian template to the upstream LXC project.
>>>
>>> I am not sure who wrote those scripts. It seems like that is part of LXC
>>> source. So I am guessing it has nothing to do with the Debian LXC
>>> package
>>> maintainer.
>>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> I think you might want to liaise with Greg Olsen on Devuan support for
>> LXC. You probably know that there is already some material on the
>> gitlab:
>>
>>    https://git.devuan.org/gregolsen/lxc-devuan

> Nice. Thank you for pointing that out. I see Greg has already done most
> of this.
>
> Greg, on the page there is:
> $ git clone git@???:gregolsen/lxc-devuan.git
>
> For read access maybe it would work better if it was:
> $ git clone http://git.devuan.org/gregolsen/lxc-devuan.git
>
> I couldn't clone it using the git protocol (if that is what is called).
>
> I will give the templates a go now.

I had some issues:
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
         LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
         LC_ALL = (unset),
         LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"

Over ten times repeated, but more importantly:
lxc_container: Failed to parse config: lxc.include =
/usr/share/lxc/config/common.conf

lxc_container: Failed to parse config: lxc.include =
/usr/share/lxc/config/devuan.common.conf

By the way, I have Devuan alpha4 installed. So maybe that is the issue
there. Though, with my modified config and templates, I didn't have
those errors.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help test etc.

Many thanks,

Simon