:: Re: [DNG] Killing background proces…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: Simon Walter
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Killing background processes on logout [was Re: resolved]
Hi,

The current strategy looks very tentatively similar to how a bully
behaves when they repeatedly fail to visibly persecute (control) their
victims. Making architectural decisions that clearly break other
utilities that work to force users to use systemd is nothing less that
a wild cry from frustration.

In this situation, it is interesting to ask what will the next move
be. What can they do worse than breaking functional user utilities? Do
they have more strategies in store? One strategy would be to deny
server access to anyone not using systemd. This would force Devuan to
set up an entirely independent infrastructure. I think, this may do
some serious disruption: be prepared as Devuan is not yet totally
divorced from Debian.

Long Life Choice!

Edward