:: Re: [DNG] resolved
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] resolved
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 10:27:24 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 08:48:12PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 09:23:22PM +0200, Klaus Hartnegg wrote:
> > > All programmers please read this, and treat it as a list of
> > > things not to do.
> > >
> > > https://lists.dns-oarc.net/pipermail/dns-operations/2016-June/014964.html
> > >
> > > Systemd manages to shoot itself in the foot, and in the elbow,
> > > and trigger a timebomb, all with one single bullet.
> >
> > ....nevertheless, people keep jumping on the systemd wagon at a
> > steady rate...strange, uh?
>
> Well, for users, it just comes with the OS. So nothing new
> there.
>
> Distributions are another matter. I'm sure, as with the
> Debian PRNG, the spooks put their heads together to find the
> weak points where they can bend the open source movement to
> their ends.
>
> One of the weak points is the attraction of end users for a
> cocooned existence. That influences dist developers,
> especially since many are the same youngsters enthralled
> by all things Apple'ish.
>
> Another motivation often mentioned, of Red Hat, to increase
> their consulting revenues.

LOL, the URL has "pipermail" in it, reminding me how the Pied Piper led
all the rats out of town and into the river, which reminds me how
Lennart and the Redhats (my favorite band) are leading all the ignorants
into what is essentially Windows2.

But look at it this way: Lennart and the Redhats takeover failed. We
still have choices of Devuan, Void, Funtoo, PC-BSD, Alpine, and several
others, and those aren't going away. We humans remain in the town we
love, and simply wave goodbye to the dumber members of our species.
There is still choice.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that if I had a crystal ball in
September 2014, and saw the Linux world of June 2016, I would have
jumped for joy. I expected things to turn out much, much worse. Lennart
and the Redhats really did fail, and I have a feeling over the next 3
years their world will slowly crumble.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb