:: Re: [DNG] adblocking using /etc/hos…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: info at smallinnovations.nl
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] adblocking using /etc/hosts

> Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 09:01:49 +0200
> From:<emninger@???>
> To:dng@???
> Subject: [DNG] adblocking using /etc/hosts
>
> I don't know, if it is the right place here to ask such trivial
> questions, if not please tell me, no problem at all.
>
> I wanted to suggest, for the future, may be for a better user
> experience, if it is possible and reasonable to create a small script,
> which would configure /etc/hosts in a way that ad servers and that like
> were redirected to 0.0.0.0 ? May be this could be done in a way that the
> user will be prompted, if (s)he would like to install ad-blocking
> systemwide and also there should be an option to uninstall the created
> list from /etc/hosts .
>
> In my thinking that is a very elegant and easy way to keep the browsers
> itself small and efficient. But very likely, i'm missing some cons ...
> (?)

I mentioned before on this list Pi-hole https://pi-hole.net/ which does
do something like that and is well maintained.
At the moment it is just a script and it will have to be packaged and
such but it works well on all kinds of De*an versions. I have it running
on RPi 2 with Devuan beta and i like it.

Grtz

Nick