:: Re: [DNG] use zram for /tmp - how?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Florian Zieboll
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] use zram for /tmp - how?
On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 06:50:11 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> Thanks Florian! That might be an idea - if it is not working the other
> way around: like parazyd suggested. May be raise the space of zram
> swap and set then tmpfs (which should then, if i understand it
> correctly, should use the mem including the virtual mem/swap) ...

Hallo Emninger,

yes, I'd also go with tmpfs, just wasn't aware that this exists. It
indeed seems to make sense to nest it with a swap memdisk - why else
have swap space at all if "the problem" is "too much memory".

I found that it is even possible to have multiple swap partitions and
define their priority, so you can create a swap-the-swap space on disk:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/setting_up_swap.html

libre Grüße,

Florian