:: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Le 03/06/2016 19:31, Dan Purgert a écrit :
> Is it possible during setup to choose the init system on the fly? I
> mean, we can choose Cinnamon / Mate / xfce / etc for the DE as it is (or
> all of them - although I expect having multiple competing init binaries
> is bad).

     Yes, it is possible. I can see two methods to choose the init
system on the fly:

     Through the kernel's command-line 'init=foo' (might be implemented
in grub config)

     By making init a simple script offering interactively the choice of
a true init to the user, with timeout and default, on the console, and
then execing the selected init.

     Didier