:: Re: [DNG] Linux-libre-4.5.4
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linux-libre-4.5.4

dear Arnt,

On Mon, 30 May 2016, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..this far I'm only aware of political, military, monetary etc
> power/might reasons why these zealots would want to subvert us, but
> I dunno enough on the tech details on how, when and where they would
> do that to us.

I don't think anyone developing systemd is focusing at disrupting
alternatives. when that happens, is only because of their myopic
approach of rewriting and substituting everything that exists...

> > why systemd-udev can subvert vdev. I'd be surprised to say the
> > least.
>
> ..then you are too damned naïve. BTDT, still bleeding.

...so yea, I'm not aware of active subversion played by systemd, but
I'd be happy to know about past episodes. They obviously don't care
about anything else but their own success, but then I think we should
limit ourselves to assume "good faith" and just call it ignorance,
incompetence and arrogance. Time will tell who was right, I think we
are fighting pretty well our fight and that we should focus at making
our own initiative better and finding more allies for it.

> ..I should have said "packaged into .debs ready for user tests?",

Parazyd is planning to package Openrc.

vdev has alreadyscripts for packaging, but needs a maintainer I think.

nothing else so far. I personally try them out installing from source.

ciao