著者: Jaromil
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] lilo

dear Rainer,

On Mon, 30 May 2016, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

> I have no plans to use anything but lilo unless that's a technical
> requirement. It boots. That's all I want from it.

having dealt with it recently, what is your opinion on the current
state of Lilo code?

is there any possibility that you take up its maintanance, without
adding new features and likely without having anything to do really?
its still good to have someone who knows the code of the package as a
reference for questions, CVEs and such.

indeed Lilo works and is documented, so maintenance shouldn't be hard.
I know many people who for many reasons and some unique features still
prefer to use Lilo

cheers to Hendrik, I like your floppy lilo boota approach! it allows
to recycle, use space as its already organized in floppy holders, plus
is very tactile and old school. One can tell if a bootsector is
damaged from the sounds of the floppy driver ! eheh

ciao