:: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of sl…
Author: Irrwahn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of slim package from Devuan
On Mon, 30 May 2016 00:47:50 +1200, Bohwaz wrote:
> I also use Slim, and it works well. But if something better exists (and
> as light), why not, but for me I don't see why we should remove a
> software just because it doesn't have a new version every two weeks, as
> long as it works…

That's not what the original post was about! SLiM is broken,
and so far now nobody willing and capable enough has stepped
up to be it's new upstream developer.

> I don't really care either about preserving the last chosen session,
> and a better idea would be to propose a patch instead of requesting the
> software removal.

If you had read the thread carefully, you would know that
I took this measure to draw the attention of potential
future developers.

Feel free to submit patches to wherever you deem sensible.
I for one won't, since I am not familiar enough with the
interfaces used, and I cannot take responsibility for a
software running as root on potentially critical systems.
[FLAMEBAIT] Plus, about the only times I touch C++ is when
I'm forced to, or when I want my program to segfault before
even reaching main().[/FLAMEBAIT]

Regards
Urban