:: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: emninger
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue 138
Am Thu, 26 May 2016 06:38:05 +0000
schrieb Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> Before you do this, allow me to ask you this question: Do you want the
> capability of respawning daemons that crash? OpenRC can't do that. If
> you prefer respawning, consider using s3, daemontools-encore or even
> Runit to manage your daemons.

Hi Steve, thanks for the explanation.

First, a question: sysvinit does
respawning?

Personally, i'd like to *NOT* have it: I think it's better to restart a
crashed service manually. Let's think of some bad configuration of a
service/daemon, for example, in Void it would endlessly try to restart
and fail ... (without automatic respawning one could leave the service
there and try to reconfiugure it correctly).