:: Re: [DNG] Install a new kernel
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Install a new kernel
Le 25/05/2016 16:38, KatolaZ a écrit :
> Having said that, I think you should not have too many problems
> compiling a 4.x kernel with glibc-2.19 (the version you find in
> Jessie)

     The kernel doesn't make any call to the glibc; it is the opposite:
when running the new kernel, the userland invokes the glibc all the
time, and this glibc makes system-calls to the new kernel, and there are
some changes in the system-calls from kernel version to kernel version.
This is why the libc must be recompiled with the proper kernel headers.

     Didier