:: Re: [DNG] How to change default ses…
Author: emninger
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to change default session
Am Tue, 24 May 2016 00:42:55 +0000
schrieb dng-request@???:

> update-alternatives --config x-session-manager

Addendum: I reflected a bit about the problem how to add jwm to the
available choices for update alternatives:

I looked into x-session-manager and i found this lines:

----
#!/bin/sh

export
XDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/:/usr/share/gdm/:/var/lib/menu-xdg/"

if [ -z "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME" ]; then
    export XDG_CONFIG_HOME="$HOME/.config"
fi

# Ensure the existance of openbox config file
OPENBOX_CONF_DIR="$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox"
if [ ! -f "$OPENBOX_CONF_DIR/lxde-rc.xml" ]; then
    mkdir -p "$OPENBOX_CONF_DIR"
    cp /etc/xdg/openbox/LXDE/rc.xml "$OPENBOX_CONF_DIR/lxde-rc.xml"
fi
----

Now, jwm has ~.jwmrc (which indicates the nothing else than the config
files (groups, keys, menu, preferences, start, theme, tray) which sit in
~/.jwm. I think it should be possible to add to x-session-manager some
lines which integrate jwm, but i'm not skilled enough to do that (for
sure i'd break something ;) ).

If needed, i could move the directory of the jwm config files from
~.jmw to ~/.config/jwm for example ...

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion.