:: Re: [DNG] Evince
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Irrwahn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Evince
On Mon, 23 May 2016 21:16:51 +0200, Jaromil wrote:
[...]
> on another note I wonder if all this knowledge put forward here, for
> example on this thread on what is good for the PDF viewer
> functionality, can be gathered into a sort of wiki document. IT would
> be useful to have a menu structure that is our *recommendation* to use
> applications for simple tasks to be done on a minimal desktop with
> maximum functionality.

While I consider this a sound idea, one should keep in
mind that those recommendations should take into account
the desktop environments. For example, I'd hesitate to
unconditionally suggest a Qt-based tool to someone using
a pure Gtk destop, because of the potential overhead
involved (think libraries, etc.). What I'm trying to
convey is, that the task might turn out to be not as
straightforward as it looks on first glance. I still
think it's worth to have stab at!

> perhaps we should really use talk.devuan.org for that.

It'd be the most adequate place to put it, wouldn't it?

[OT rant]
Please don't get me wrong now: I certainly do not want to
denigrate anyone's work here, nor impose my personal views
upon anybody, but: Every time I open the talk page I feel
a bit like I am trapped in some kind of weird surreal
psychedelic candy dreamland. ;^) I'd rather fight a wall
of text in some prehistoric fixed width font, than wearing
my eyes out on that fancy web design. (It actually gets a
bit easier on my aging eyes when I toggle off the colors.)
Again, no offense intended!
[/OT rant]

Regards
Urban