:: Re: [DNG] Evince
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Evince
On Mon, 23 May 2016 08:58:53 +0200
Irrwahn <irrwahn@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 May 2016 07:45:40 +0200, Emninger wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I do not know if it is intended to do such trivial suggestions
> > but ... ;)
> >
> > Being on my way to adapt my (jwm/fluxbox) setup to what i had
> > before on slackware, i stumbled into this: Devuan comes with evince
> > by default.
>
> There is no such thing as a default PDF viewer for Devuan.
>
> Evince is the default PDF viewer for GNOME, IIRC. As such, I
> suspect it's also the default PDF viewer fo Cinnamon. A quick
> look into what packages *Depend* on it seems to confirm that.
> The lxde package package has it as a "Recommends". Another
> "improvement" by the packager to an otherwise fine desktop
> environment.
>
> However, as LXDE is going to go away in favor of LXQt, I
> expect lxde package to take its idiotic dependencies on
> random GNOME crap with it into oblivion.
>
> BTW: Everyone who liked Evince, as it was in the GNOME 2
> days might want to have a look at Atril, a fork of Evince.

I personally use mupdf. Lightweight, operates with simple, Vim-like
hotkeys.

But Evince had one thing mupdf doesn't: A print function. A lot of
times a PDF that won't print right just by saying lpr -P myprinter
mypdf.pdf will print just fine if printed from Evince.

Based on your recommendation, I just installed Atril, and can confirm
that it, too, has a print function. So now, between mupdf and Atril, I
have pretty much all my bases covered.

Thanks!

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21