Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] sudo or su?
On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 11:22:35PM +0200, emninger@??? wrote:
> I followed the standard settings of the installer which leads me to
> have root and (a) user.
>
> Now, i know there are different philosophies about the use of sudo.
> Frankly, is there any relevant difference between 'sudo + command' or
> 'su -c + command'?

You might also ask whether there is a difference between su and sudo sh.

For both questions:

There's the password you need to know to do it.
There's the filtering through the file sudoers instead of by root password.
And if sudoers isn't set up correctly you'll get nowhere with sudo
and you may even have trouble setting it up.

-- hendrik