Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] sudo or su?
On Sat, 21 May 2016 23:22:35 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> I followed the standard settings of the installer which leads me to
> have root and (a) user.
>
> Now, i know there are different philosophies about the use of sudo.
> Frankly, is there any relevant difference between 'sudo + command' or
> 'su -c + command'?
>
> TIA!

Ginger, or Mary Ann?

Vim, or Emacs?

Sudo, or su -c?

Best of luck getting a concensus :-) :-) :-)

I use sudo all the time on Ubuntu, a lot of the time on Debian/Devuan,
but only when I personally have granted sudo ability to a command on
Void. Which I think pretty much conforms to those three distros'
philosophies.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21