:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live im…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Didier Kryn
Cc: dng, Rainer Weikusat
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live images
On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 02:24:07PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
> >You need a few more things for a generic live, e.g. support for all
> >the disk controllers, support for aufs and other union filesystems,
> >the full USB stack, and several drivers from the scsi/ bundle, which
> >are needed to deal with cdroms...

>     Yes, you must include everything needed to read the cdrom. It's
> true it includes the scsi bundle and the USB stack, but not the disk
> controllers. And support for union filesystems only if they are
> needed to mount the cdrom ( don't see why). My own trend would be to

Because the minimal live uses a squashfs, which is mounted and
union-ed before init is called, AFAIK. The disk controllers are not
necessary (and in fact I have stripped them off from the microscopic
version of the initramfs), but might be useful if you want to use the
live image as a rescue cd, and boot into an existing / on your
drive. Not necessary. Maybe useful.

> rebuild the kernel with those drivers statically linked and boot
> directly to the cdrom without and initramfs.

Oh, sure we could. But my point is to use standard packages from the
Devuan repo, without too much of customising/recompiling. Otherwise we
could also recompile everything with uclibc, as done in other minimal
distro, and have a truly microscopic userland, but that would be
*another* distribution, not a Devuan ;)

Thanks

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]