Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] devuan-minimal brief review notes
On 05/18/2016 08:32 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 05:04:53PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
>> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 09:52:57AM -0400, fsmithred wrote:
>>> I think it's also removed in the boot menu of my unofficial live beta, but
>>> it's still there in refractasnapshot. No plans to get rid of that.
>>
>> Ok, I'm confused. Is the mini live image that KatolaZ produced
>> a small version of your unofficial live beta, or are these separate projects. If
>> they are separate, then can you please follow in KatolaZ's footsteps,
>> and include sound support, espeak/espeak-data, espeakup, and brltty if
>> you haven't already done so? If your image provides a graphical
>> desktop like xfce, then does it also include orca? If it already
>> includes orca, then it probably has espeak/espeak-data as well. Thanks.
>>

> Hi Greg,
>
> the two project (i.e., the unofficial live ISOs by the refracta team
> and the unofficial minimal live ISOs built by me) are separated, at
> least at the moment, and have indeed different aims.
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

The unofficial live iso that I made contains whatever software is in the
official beta release plus a few things that refractasnapshot needs to
work (squashfs-tools, xorriso, live-boot*, live-config* and syslinux). I
can't take credit for the package selection in that one. If the packages
you requested are not in it, it's up to the Devuan team to add them.

Those images can be found here -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/unofficial_devuan_live/

If you'd like to be further confused, there are also some Refracta beta
releases based on devuan, and the full version is as bloated with software
as I could possibly make it and still fit on a CD. There's also a no-X
version, but I wouldn't call it "minimal".

The selection of software in the Refracta betas are my responsibility, and
the package list is based on choices that the team made on earlier (wheezy
and squeeze) releases. I will look at adding orca and the other packages
you mentioned to Refracta.

-fsr