:: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discu…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discussion on the linux-elitists lists
On Mon, 16 May 2016, emninger@??? wrote:

> As for the rest, i'd be interested in what you think about the
> content of that discussion.

I think it minimizes the problem systemd brings to Debian and the
problem the current Debian leadership has with its own constituency.
I sincerely wish the remedy of installing openrc and pinning systemd
would work, but I'm sure it won't on the mid-long term.

To all those who think this and other similar approaches may
invalidate the need of our fork: please consider we are not just
forking Debian because of systemd, but because the people who have
taken over the leadership of that distro have betrayed its mandate,
shown no respect of its Constitution and offer no reliability anymore
for any reasonable professional use of Debian.

I'm talking about the hooligans and politicians who are using systemd
as an occasion to take over and bully away disagreement, those who
Bruce Perens defines the "anal-retentive policy wonks who believe they
only make the distribution for themselves and have (perhaps without
intending to) systematically marginalized Debian and made the project
a whore to Ubuntu."
https://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=5852295&cid=48188823

ciao