:: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discu…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discussion on the linux-elitists lists
On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 08:38:26PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2016 01:18:34 +0200
> Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@???> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 15 May 2016 23:22:07 +0200
> > Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
> >
> > > prevarication, violence, misery and corruption
> >
> > Depending on one's personal history,
>
> Let me say it succinctly: I think Rick probably meant something like
> "toughguys" or "mob" rather than anything criminal.
>
> If I had a time machine, I'd go back to when he was thinking of buying
> that domain (they cost $100 back then) and try to convince him not to
> buy it. But of course that's hindsight. Before Jaromil's post I'd
> never thought about that domain in any negative way.

That's probably because Hollywood has transformed the term "mafia" in
a piece of the American folklore, and in a cool, easy stereotype for
Sicily and Sicilians. If you were born where the real mafia has killed
thousand of real people with real guns and real bombs, and has
strangled entire sectors of society with real racketing and real
mobbing, you would probably agree that linux and mafia have very
little in common, and you would feel the same bitter disgust many of
us have felt since the website was announced, back in the days.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]