:: [Libbitcoin] Proper handling after …
Góra strony
Autor: mlmikael
Dla: Eric Voskuil, libbitcoin
Stare tematy: [Libbitcoin] quick update on libbitcoin 3.0
Temat: [Libbitcoin] Proper handling after unexpected shutdown?
Hi Eric,

Say that my machine shuts down unexpectedly. Perhaps at startup I won't
even know that it did shut down unexpectedly so the LibBitcoin database
could be in an inconsistent state.

To mitigate that it would be great to do some kind of read operation for
the whole database, that provides a verification deep enough to prove
that the probability of an inconsistency is smaller than 1 in
~10^10-10^20 .

I.e., is there any cheaper way than doing a full local sync do a new
directory.

What's in the box now and what do you suggest?

Mlmikael