:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Beta Li…
Author: KatolaZ
To: . fsmithred
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Beta Live Minimal -- UPDATE
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 08:52:42AM -0400, . fsmithred wrote:
> To boot the i386 iso in virtualbox, you need to go into the settings for
> System, Processor, and check the box for "Enable PAE/NX". I just did it,
> and it works great. One thing I had to do was hit TAB at the boot menu and
> change the vga setting to vga=788 so it would fit on this small laptop
> screen (1280x800).

Yep, or you could also boot without framebuffer support (second
option). I had considered using "vga=scan", but this might be annoying
on some old BIOS. I don't remember if it is possible to set multiple
resolutions with vga= (e.g., vga=792,788,normal), and I never liked
vga=ask. Suggestions on this point are welcome.

> The truncated items in the boot menu can be fixed by changing some of the
> settings in the isolinux config files. I don't remember which ones, and I
> generally do it by trial and error. If you comment out the rsync line that
> copies the system in refractasnapshot, you'll end up with an iso that just
> has the boot menu. It's a much faster way to test. (Or, you could just
> shorten the menu entries.)

Yep, I have to edit live.cfg in iso/isolinux/, which is somehting I
will do for future snapshots.

Thanks for the fedback.

HND

KatolaZ

P.S.:@fsmithred, I belive you are one of those in the refracta team I
should thank for refractasnapshot :)

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]