:: Re: [DNG] Why I was away.
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why I was away.
On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 06:22:33PM +1000, Bob wrote:
> On 06/05/2016 07:45, Go Linux wrote:
> >This is all warm and fuzzy but very OT. Please take your "therapy"
> >off-list. Or better yet, get comfortable enough with yourself that a
> >four-legged crutch isn't necessary to give meaning to your existence.
> >
> >golinux
>
> WTF? Raw arrogance.

While I'll agree that golinux's response was harsher than it needed to
be (perhaps even uncalled for), I also think it's harsh to find her
guilty of arrogance based on a single post. Discussions that golinux
and I have had both on gitlab and privately about accessibility and
how I personally deal with certain accessibility challenges have
convinced me that she does think of others outside of herself, even if
that may not be apparent in this context. I also don't think Edward's
post was off topic. A list member explaining why he/she was away is
unusual in my opinion (unless someone on list asked), but I wouldn't
call it off topic. Finally, I'll admit as pointed out that discussions such as this one
seem to me like good facebook material, which is one of the reasons
I'm not on it. That's it for my contribution to this thread.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1