Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Didier Kryn" <kryn@???>

> Le 03/05/2016 19:10, Rob Owens a écrit :
>> Yes, but then when an openrc user wants to start/stop a service, he
>> cannot do '/etc/init.d/myservice start' like he could do on any other
>> OS using openrc.  He'd have to do '/etc/openrc/myservice start'.  Not a
>> really big deal, but I think it's undesirable to make Devuan's openrc
>> procedures different (especially when it could be addressed with a
>> simple symlink).
>     Normally the admin invokes the service command,

>     sudo service ssh restart
>     sudo service nginx status

>     etc.

>     service could probably be modified to talk to the init system in
> charge.

Normally *this* admin never uses the service command because:

1) it is not available on all distros or may not be installed
2) tab completion doesn't always work with the service command (depending
on the distro, I suppose)
3) tab completion always works when you specify the path to the script
and you are running a bash shell

Is the service called 'smb' or 'samba'? Is it 'network' or 'networking'?
That's why tab completion is important to me. I'm surprised that I seem
to be the only one who thinks this way.