:: Re: [DNG] Files .udeb
Página Principal
Autor: Adam Borowski
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Files .udeb
On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 04:43:11PM +0200, aitor_czr wrote:
> On 05/03/2016 02:00 PM, "Stephanie Daugherty" <sdaugherty@???> wrote:
> >udeb files (aka micro-deb) are stripped down packages only used in building
> >the installer and loading installer components into memory via a network
> >connection
>
> Some of them do it via network connection, but not all of them... Thanks to
> this fact, there are a lot of distributions wich don't need any network
> connection during the installation.

It all depends on how fat an image you build. It can be "mini.iso" which
has everything you need to start the installer and get the network running,
netinst which carries all the udebs and some debs for a small system (at a
glance it looks like priority:standard and up), or a CD/DVD with a buttload
of assorted crap.

Contrary to its name, netinst is enough to install a standalone system that
can boot on itself then install more, only mini absolutely requires network.

I've attached the list of udebs on jessie-x32 mini.iso.

--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.
nano-udeb
serial-modules-3.16.0-4-amd64-di