:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Security Repo (was…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: hellekin
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Devuan Security Repo (was Re: invalid security certificate)
On 05/02/2016 09:15 AM, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
> hellekin@??? writes:
>> auto.mirrors does not exist: only auto.mirror does. Unknown names point
>> to www.devuan.org.
>
> Auto.mirrors exists as of yesterday. It was on the devuan home page due
> to a typo. Nextime made the typo work, then fixed the typo.

Indeed. Hopefully this is the last instance of a typo going into
production. Wrong links have a cost: compare with losing bitcoins,
related to the namespace; multiple links to the same resource is Bad™.

So even if auto.mirrors exists, you shouldn't use it nor rely on it, and
consider it doesn't exist. The link might be removed in the future, so
if you're currently using mirrors with an s, use mirror instead.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/