:: Re: [DNG] cloud (was: Beta)
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] cloud (was: Beta)
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 10:12:40 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> Can you come up with an alternative to 'cloud' which keeps generic,
> since cloud-init is not openstack specific?

All I know is "cloud" is a meaningless buzzword of value only to
marketers, probably of the Microsoft variety. Ask "what is the cloud"
to ten intelligent people, and you'll get ten different answers. That
in itself is reason to call this thing anything but "cloud". Call it
Khrushchev or H2O for all I care, but nothing containing "cloud".

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21