:: Re: [DNG] For all you automounter p…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] For all you automounter programmers
On 04/26/2016 09:32 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:19:32 -0400
> fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:
>

>> I like pmount for mounting usb devices. It's pretty smart. For
>> removable devices, you don't need to list them in /etc/pmount.allow,
>> and it handles encrypted filesystems (cryptsetup/luks).
>

> Ahh, now I remember. Pmount isn't an AUTOmounter, you still must tell
> it which device to mount. It doesn't mount the second you plug in your
> thumb drive.
>
> Therefore: pmount, when combined with the inotifywait automounters
> we've all made, should be perfect.
>
> Those pmount automounter commands should run as the user who plugs in
> the thumb, so rather than running straight from the init, they should
> probably run when you log in, and if there's already a copy running
> when you log in, it does nothing.
>
> SteveT

That's pretty much what my usb-mounter does. Inotifywait runs when you log
into the desktop, and when you plug in a thumb drive, it pops up a window
showing you the partitions on that device. You then choose one to mount,
and the script runs pmount in your name. Bypassing the popup window and
automounting would be a simple edit, as would making it work without a
gui. I don't know what happens if there are multiple users logged in at
the same time, but that might be an edge case.

So, who else beside you and me wrote something to mount thumb drives?

-fsr