:: Re: [DNG] Tochpad scrolling on devu…
Author: aitor_czr
To: fuumind, Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Tochpad scrolling on devuan

Hi fuumind,

On 04/26/2016 10:32 PM, aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

>> >Did you try loading the "hid-multitouch.ko" module. This module is
>> >located in "/lib/modules/ *kernel_version* /kernel/drivers/hid".
>> >You can load it typing:
>> >
>> >/sbin/modprobe hid-multitouch
>> >
>> >You can add this command to "/etc/rc.local"
>> >
>> >Now type "lsmod" and it will appear in the list of the loaded modules.
>> >
>> >Cheers,
>> >
>> >     Aitor.
> Sorry, you are talking about*touchpads*  and i'm talking about
> *touchscreens*

>     Aitor.

I think that you need evdev, either builtin or as a module. In
menuconfig this is at:

Device drivers >> Input Device support >> Event interface

Now make sure your Synaptics touchpad is functioning. Run:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

And you will get something like this in the list (note of the *Handlers*
line):

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab41
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd event0
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=4 2000000 3803078 f800d001 feffffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

If so, try doing:

synclient TouchpadOff=1