:: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii ?
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 04:01:33 +0000
Stephanie Daugherty <sdaugherty@???> wrote:

> I'd like to see a long term focus on removing the entanglement with
> other invasive dependencies, particularly those which are likely to
> be folded into systemd in the future, and on staying true to the Unix
> philosophy.
>
> DBUS and PulseAudio are freedesktop backed technologies which are
> likely to be folded entirely into systemd in the future.

Unfortunately, long term I think you can add dracut to your list, as
it's part of the Fedora project. This is a shame, because it's the best
initramfs builder utility (from what I understand). But Fedora scooped
it up, and IIRC emptied the old version git repositories, so I predict
a systemdification in the future.

So we shouldn't assume that dracut will always be available to us.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21