:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Author: Mitt Green
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd
‎     Didier Kryn wrote:

> Sorry Steve but there is a technical difference. l
> Wikipedia:

[...]

> Talking of ignorance is excessive; but let's try to
> disentangle things.

I suppose, he meant that there's a  fine line between
a window manager and a DE sometimes.
EDE (Equinox Desktop Environment) includes only a
window manager and a panel, as far as I know.
Some window managers provide panel (bar) too, think Fluxbox, Blackbox, dwm and its remakes, i3, wmii.
FVWM lets you make your own panels and what people
now call widgets.

LXDE, on the other hand, has its own panel, file manager,
task manager, appearance settings programme,
desktop and session. So, 'tis an environment definitely.

My two,
Mitt