:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd
On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 05:08:10PM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:

> On 04/23/2016 04:20 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
> >
> >On 04/22/2016 11:17 AM, KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
> >>In my opinion there's no magic line where things on one side are window

> >I agree with you, there is not a borderline.
>
> It doesn't matter how much you agree on an opinion. That will not
> make it fact. There is a technical difference between the two. Just
> look up the definition of "window manager" and "desktop environment"
> on any techsite/dictionary/encyclopedia. Unless you are trying to
> sound ignorant, it would make sense to use the correct terminology.

Isn't a window manager the thing that intercepts your normal, everyday
communication between an X client and an X server and acts as a
man-in-the-middle to provide you with window borders, motility, and the
like? The thing that could even be running on a different machine from
either the client of the server?

-- hendrik