:: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now even pdf …
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now even pdf works. I have no idea why.
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 07:05:06PM +0000, Noel Torres wrote:
> Just curious...
>
> Why not using CUPS ?

Too bulky and cumbersome. Go to a web interface. Follow link to install
device. Choose device from a list ... I prefer to read up on the
syntax of a config file or two, and just edit them, or write them out
if they aren't already there.

On a related note, I recently had to replace my almost 20-year-old hp
laserJet 5l because the part that broke couldn't be replaced. So, I
replaced it with a samsung m28253dw. I was struggling to configure
everything how I wanted through a less than fully accessible web
interface, and found myself wishing more than once during the process
that the darned printer had a telnet interface or something more
straight forward.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net