:: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii…
Author: Go Linux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii ?
On Wed, 4/20/16, BohwaZ <devuan@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 7:51 AM

Le Tue, 19 Apr 2016 19:45:39 +0200, Didier Kryn <kryn@???> a
écrit :

> Le 19/04/2016 15:41, BohwaZ a écrit :
> > > For Skype you can use apulse (like this: $ apulse skype) which wraps
> > > calls to PulseAudio directly to Alsa without requiring any PA
> > > component. It works well.
> >
> >      Sure I will try this! Not only Skype requires pulse, but it
> > wants the 32-bit version of it. If apluse can run 64-bit, it will
> > remove a lot of mess. Thanks.

> I use https://github.com/i-rinat/apulse
>
> There is a debian package which contains two binaries (by
> Nikolay Romanov, but I can't seem to find the package anymore?):
>
> This program provides the PulseAudio emulation for ALSA.
> Usage:
> $ apulse32 <program-name> [parameters] - for 32-bit programs
> $ apulse64 <program-name> [parameters] - for 64-bit programs
>
> There's other packages out there but didn't try them.
>
> --
> BohwaZ

This is not the first time apulse has been discussed on this list. There was talk of packaging apluse for Devuan last year but that conversation has been lost in time. Perhaps adding apulse to Devuan will be reconsidered once the beta is out. I would certainly like pulseaudio and it's libs out of my system.

golinux